Sunday, January 18, 2015

Want to be great? 1 Thing Almost Everyone is Missing - Almost Everyone!



Do you want to be great?  Do you think you can be great?  Is it in you?

Some people just have “everything.”  You knew shortly after they were born that they were destined for greatness.  They’re naturally talented.  They have access to things that help develop their skills.  They have good habits, and they seem to handle people effortlessly.

(SEE VIDEO: Thoughts about Greatness: Watch Mike Tyson’s answer from 0:50 to 1:09)

Yes, there are people like that, but what if you’re not like that?  Do you think that everyone who is great started out with talent?

See Also: Are you missing YOUR Big Opportunity?

Honestly, deep down most people really think that way, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

There is a TON of things that go into being great, but it all begins with one specific element.


I included a short part of a video interview of Mike Tyson.  The interviewer asks about whether his kids could be great fighters.  At first, Mike is shy with his response, but with further prompting, he shares one of the most insightful answers.  Check this video, especially the part between 0:50 and 1:09.

The boxing great Mike Tyson mentions how his kids “melt” when they see a big time celebrity.  They get all excited and lose themselves.

Compare that with Mike’s response when he would see people like that, “When I was a young kid, I saw guys like that (and said) you wait ‘til I come around.  You wait ‘til I get MY chance.  You’ll know what greatness is.”

Pay attention to that.

“You wait ‘til I get my chance.  You’ll know what greatness is.”

If you want to be great, you have to be able to VISUALIZE your greatness, maybe even when nobody else does.

It’s okay to respect what other people have done and even admire it.  However, it’s so easy to dismiss your own potential for greatness in the face of someone who might have accomplished more than you (to date).

DON’T LOSE YOURSELF in that moment.  Don’t lose sight of the fact that you have greatness to offer.

See Also: 1 Important Thing That Separates the Best Companies

Don’t get me wrong.  I’m not foolish enough to believe that belief in your own greatness guarantees it.  However, without a belief in your own greatness, you will never achieve it.

I hope that you see that this doesn’t just occur in boxing or other sports.

I see people do this all of the time in business.  I see people in business who are really intelligent suddenly question themselves when someone who has more “status” says something to the contrary.  I see people lose their resolve when other people start to follow the advice of the higher status expert, boss, leader, etc, and these other people start questioning or even ridiculing the person with the contradicting idea.

“Yeah, but do you know what (person I respect more than you) said?”

“(High authority person) said this is what is really important.”

In each case they might be right, but if you have strong reasoning to lead you down a different path, take the expert’s thoughts and suggestions into consideration, but don’t replace their thoughts with your own.

Think for yourself.  When you think for yourself, it’s a lot easier to see your own greatness.

Most people try to follow established leaders.  Most people will never reach greatness.

See Also: Why Big Companies are Seldom Great

People who achieve greatness do great things, even if they’re not recognized as being great until later.

Don’t be a contrarian for its own sake, but if your clear, logical thoughts and experience lead you to thoughts that contradict what’s important, set a path to your own greatness.

Most people will never do that...and they’ll never reach greatness.

You just wait until I get MY shot!  You’ll know what greatness is THEN!!!

Are you looking to scream and shout when you see Mike Tyson, or are you looking to show him another level of greatness when he meets you?

Most people just scream and should (and follow).  The one thing they’re missing is the belief in their own greatness…looking for THEIR shot.

Are you looking for yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thank you for taking time to read my post and share your thoughts with me and my other readers. I'm always tickled when I get a non-SPAM comment. Honestly, sometimes I'm even okay with some borderline SPAM.

Let me know if you would like for me to address a topic by sending me an email at Chris@TheUltimateAnalyst.com.

Thanks, again. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Chris