Sunday, August 10, 2014

Is your success really in the toilet? (That might be good!)



Do you want to be successful?

It seems like a silly question, but the more experience I get, the more I realize it's one of the most pertinent questions...ever.

A silly question would be...Do you WISH you were successful?

We might want the money, fame, or some other benefit of being "successful," but there is usually a lot more that happens BEFORE people become successful.

However, recently I was reading something in Entrepreneur magazine, and there was one thing that will stick with me for a long time.  It seems to be the quickest way to gauge whether you REALLY want to be successful.

Are you willing to scrub toilets?

Do you want success THAT badly?

The article in Entrepreneur magazine ran a story about Eddie Kennison, a former NFL wide receiver turned successful entrepreneur.

Amongst other things he mentioned, there seemed to be one key to success within a sport team or a business.

Kennison mentioned that he would scrub toilets...IF that's what needed to be done.  When he played football, he had to do the small things that made his overall team better.

In business, he has created several successful businesses:
--Entourage Institute of Beauty & Esthetics
--Fleetwood Transportation
--Barrel 87 wine shop (currently part-owner)

All of these businesses are quite a bit different, but his attitude to make each successful was the same.

Perhaps, we have a business where there are not any toilets, but to me it's an important figure of speech.

Are you willing to scrub toilets?

Do you know anybody who really wants to scrub toilets...as an event in itself?

Probably not.

We scrub toilets for a longer term benefit (healthier environment, a place that will not disgust guests or customers, etc.)

The REAL meaning I take is...Are you willing to do ANYTHING THAT'S NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL?

Do you really want to be successful?

Are you willing to scrub the toilets in your life or business, or are you willing to let success go to the toilet?

It's your choice!  (I suggest you start scrubbing.)

Like this post?  Other recent posts are
To visit The Ultimate Analyst company website click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thank you for taking time to read my post and share your thoughts with me and my other readers. I'm always tickled when I get a non-SPAM comment. Honestly, sometimes I'm even okay with some borderline SPAM.

Let me know if you would like for me to address a topic by sending me an email at Chris@TheUltimateAnalyst.com.

Thanks, again. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Chris